USC Marshall School of Business to Offer Professional Certificate for New Media Management
August 17, 2009 – LOS ANGELES, CA — University of Southern California Marshall School of Business Executive Education today announced that it will be offering a new professional certificate program– “Certificate of New Media Management” – for participants of its highly-successful New Media Management programs.
The New Media Management programs—jointly offered by USC Marshall and Really Useful Information (RUI)– is a series of three in-depth online courses: Digital Media and Technology Management, Media and Entertainment Leadership, and Branding and Integrated Marketing. The full series gives media and entertainment executives comprehensive education that helps them more effectively leverage new media technologies to build or enhance the profitability of their businesses.
Hallmarks of the USC/RUI approach are
* Convenient 24/7 online access. USC/RUI courses are offered exclusively online, allowing busy execs to attend courses at their convenience at any time anywhere.
* Industry-seasoned subject matter experts. USC/RUI courses are taught by leading University professors partnered with working industry subject matter experts, bringing the best possible synthesis of established “best practices” with first-hand industry experience
* Safe collaborative environment. USC/RUI creates a safe learning environment where executives can feel free to discuss their issues and collaborate with teachers and fellow students to solve problems.
* Actionable information. USC/RUI courses provide information and connections that allow students to immediately begin implementing their knowledge in the workplace.
* Intra-industry networking. USC/RUI continue to promote professional development through ongoing events (online and offline) that foster a strong sense of community and support between instructors, students and members of the entertainment industry.
“The Digital Media and Technology Program provided a full-breadth understanding of the digital media landscape. The course leaders were deeply knowledgeable, sharing their real-world experience of failures and successes. It is already helping me in my current role,” said Jessica Hill, Ascent Media.
Those interested in signing up for USC/RUI courses can visit: http://www.marshall.usc.edu/newmedia.
ABOUT USC MARSHALL SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
Based in Los Angeles at the University of Southern California, at the crossroads of the Pacific Rim, the USC Marshall School is the best place to learn the art and science of business. The school’s programs serve nearly 5,000 undergraduate, graduate, professional and executive-education students, who attend classes in facilities at the main Los Angeles campus, as well as satellite facilities in Irvine and San Diego. USC Marshall also operates a Global MBA program in conjunction with Jiao Tong University in Shanghai, China.
Really Useful Information (RUI) is the leading provider of professional education and development for entertainment and media industry executives. Its vanguard face-to-face and online programs – Digital Media and Technology Management, Branding and Integrated Marketing and Media and Entertainment Leadership – are produced in conjunction with USC’s Marshall School of Business. Headquartered in Los Angeles, the company can be found at http://www.rui.us.com.
tel. 1-213-596-6253 x 721
fax 1 415 358 9807
A DIFFERENT SPIN ON MARKETING & PUBLIC RELATIONS